FEATURED SELLER - DESIGNFROG


Tell us a bit about yourself 
My name's Einat Burg, I'm 30 year old designer from Tel-Aviv. I graduated from the Kalisher College Design Department in 2000, with a strong focus on stage costumes and accessories, I founded the label FROG in 2000 and opened my own studio. My designs stands out with her singular collection of hand-made theatrical scarves, created by using special knotting technique. My clothing items uses layers to fit and compliment any type of figure, by playing with winding and wrapping the geometrical and versatile designs. The name FROG comes from the inspiration from animal’s life cycle metamorphosis, as my creations go through metamorphosis throughout different processing techniques, changing fabrics to unique designs, rich in texture and shape. My creations characterize by their ability to changes their look and mood according to the way they are being worn. All the items are versatile, have no sizes, and can upgrade and personalize any outfit. FROG collections are sold in boutiques around Israel and selected stores in the US, Australia Italy and Germany.
Apart from creating things, what do you do?
A part from creating things i am having an actor boyfriend and two dogs. we are leaving together in a beautiful apartment in Jaffa near the beach which is a quarter of Tel Aviv where Arabs and  Jews are living together and we are among many artists as musicians, painters and many others that we are working with and influenced by.
What would be the title of your memoir? Why?
The  title of my  memoir will be “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” (Albert Einstein)I believe that we have to dream and imagine cause this is the only way to achieve,to create and to see and find the love that hiding in people and in material.
Where does your inspiration come from?
My inspiration is coming from animals, weather, the way people behave, nature and human nature, the nature of the material, old woman sitting on a bench and the all the things that i did not discovered yet.
What does handmade mean to you? 
Handmade means to me express all the range of your emotions, fantasies, love, longings, rages, frustrations. To be alive?
Who has been most influential in your craft?
The most influential in my craft is the designers comme des garcones and yohji Yamamoto.
When did you know you were an artist/maker?
I know I were an artist when looked for a name for my brand and finally found it.
Please describe your creative process.
I describe my creating process as an intensive and stubborn dialog with the material.
What handmade possession do you most cherish?
The handmade possession i most cherish is a wool carpet my grandma did 50 years ago...
How do you get out of your creative ruts?
I am going to breath fresh air coming from the sea and just stairing the horizon. 
In ten years, where would you like to be? 
I would like to live in the country and do things i have never think i am about to do...

more info: designfrog





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz