FEATURED SELLER - DONKEY + LEMON

Tell us a bit about yourself.
We are Alli and Ben,  a Portland, OR based married couple who creates items for donkey + lemon. "Alli does most of the making for the shop" -Ben
Apart from creating things, what do you do?
When we aren't making things for our etsy shop we are recording new songs for our band, Fou Fou; eating delicious vegan food; or playing with our siamese/persian kitty, Zuzu!
What would be the title of your memoir? Why?
"Stop Thinking. Sometimes thinking gets in the way." - Alli
Where does your inspiration come from?
"From the images I have found in my dreams." - Alli
What does handmade mean to you?
"Real."
Who has been most influential in your craft?
"Ben!" - Alli
When did you know you were an artist/maker?
"When I was five years old I dug up 'Indian Clay' in the back yard, rolled it into little balls, and painted them. Thats where it all began" - Alli
How would you describe your creative process?
"An idea pops in my head and I gather the supplies and do it" - Alli
If you could peek inside the studio of any artist, designer or craftsman (dead or alive), who would it be?
"What ever studio Andy Warhol had beside his 'factory'. If he didn't have one, then his house" - Alli
What handmade possession do you most cherish?
"Before my great-grandmother passed away we began working on a flower garden quilt. It is only partially finished but I will complete it in time." -Alli
 How do you get out of your creative ruts?
"Moan and groan. Then I realize that I just have to wait it out. So I drink lots of coffee and hang out with Ben and Zuzu." - Alli
Where would you like to be in ten years?
"Where ever I am." - Alli
      more info : here

      
     
      
      

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz